Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotix View Post
How do you know given this data ...

Lost & Unaccounted for in Iraq ~ $9 billion of US taxpayers' money and $549.7 milion in spare parts shipped in 2004 to US contractors.
Also, per ABC News, 190,000 guns, including 110,000 AK-47 rifles.

Lost and Reported Stolen ~ $6.6 billion of U.S. taxpayers' money earmarked for Iraq reconstruction, reported on June 14, 2011 by Special inspector general for Iraq reconstruction Stuart Bowen who called it "the largest theft of funds in national history."
(Source - CBS News) Last known holder of the $6.6 billion lost: the U.S. government.

Missing ~ $1 billion in tractor trailers, tank recovery vehicles, machine guns, rocket-propelled grenades and other equipment and services provided to the Iraqi security forces.
(Per CBS News on Dec 6, 2007.)

Mismanaged & Wasted in Iraq ~ $10 billion, per Feb 2007 Congressional hearings

Halliburton Overcharges Classified by the Pentagon as Unreasonable and Unsupported ~ $1.4 billion

Amount paid to KBR, a former Halliburton division, to supply U.S. military in Iraq with food, fuel, housing and other items ~ $20 billion

Portion of the $20 billion paid to KBR that Pentagon auditors deem "questionable or supportable" ~ $3.2 billion

U.S. Annual Air-Conditioning Cost in Iraq and Afghanistan ~ $20.2 billion
(Source - NPR, June 25, 2011)
I'm shipping several dozen units a month into Afghanistan. I now only ship air freight because so much shit was getting stolen in Pakistan off the trucks.

Many times my freight bill is more than my equipment cost.

Which shows another example of waste. We have hundreds of C141's and C5's, why are we shipping so much shit on DHL???
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote