Barn Stall Owner #12
Barn Raising I
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 0%

Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,065 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $168047

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
here's a pretty good article with opposing opinions on Obama's record so far: Barack Obama's first year: success or failure? | Take two | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk
Let me restate my original question.

I'd like your serious and considered opinion on what you think he's doing right.

I'm not interested in cut and paste opinions and linked taking points from media outlets any more than you care what Glen Beck says.

You mentioned that you believe he is underrated as a leader. How is he leading? The Democrats have a Supermajority in Congress. The right side of the aisle is as irrelevant as tits on a boar hog, and yet all of the "Change" that was supposed to be swept in, has been laborious, anguished and divisive.

The GOP is branded as the party of No - but the truth is - so what - they don't matter. Their total voting minority means everything the President wants to do should be a slam dunk. There's a either a serious lack of leadership or even the centrist elements of the Democratic party have reservations about the programs that are being steamrolled through Congress with back room deals and obscure administrative moves.
BuckyThreadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BuckyThreadkiller For This Useful Post: