RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 58.4%

Thanked 7,924 Times in 3,538 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozar View Post
On flat ground the gasser does a pretty good job but my mileage this weekend sucked. Not that I purchased it for fuel economy but I get about 6-7 miles to the gallon better with the diesel towing.
I tow my track car with my 2010 2500 HD gas a few times a year through the mountains of the West Virginia turnpike. The new truck doesn't struggle at all, even on the steep grades and quite honestly tows as good as a lot of diesels that I have been in over the years (especially models from 5+ years ago). I think GM really did a good job with the new model trucks. They ride better as a DD than the old ones and at the same time tow better. Of course you are down a little bit on the power, but the overall tow with the built in brake controller, HUGE master cylinder and brakes on the truck, better suspension, 6 speed transmission, etc is IMO better than the GM diesels of a few years ago. (The truck I am comparing to is a 2002 2500 diesel)

The one part that I will NEVER dispute is the gas mileage with the gas trucks. It sucks. Period. I get about 12 mpg with my car behind the gas truck. Even with a trailer that weighs almost twice as much (26' enclosed dragster trailer) behind the big 3500 Ram dually we usually get in the 16-17 range. Hell, the diesel Ram gets better mileage loaded than my truck gets empty.

Even though I do love my current truck and for my needs it is MORE than enough, I am hoping to be in a Diesel Denali HD soon. Not because I need it... but because I want it.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote