Old 05-20-2024, 8:49am   #1
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 49.4%

Thanked 7,927 Times in 3,541 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494
Default Fun car ideas...

My job allows me to work more and more from home these days so my historic 20k miles per year is dropping drastically.

As such, I am looking for something fun to drive for the couple of days a week that I do need to go into the office. I will still have my truck for the trucks things and the current plan is to keep the Escalade for the Escalade things.

The current daily driver is the Audi S6. As far as a daily car goes, it is hands down the best I have had. I love everything about it. ...but in the end, it's a 4 door sedan and I am in the mood to buy something a little more dumberer.

I don't mind some additional maintenance but it has to be something that can be driven back and forth to work a couple of times a week, 40 miles each way. Back seats are a huge bonus although I would potentially be swayed to a 2 seater. The amount I want to spend is negotiable depending on how much I decide I want something but I don't feel like spending that datawiz baller money.

A few of my dumbass ideas to date:

Gen 2 GTS Viper - just always wanted one. I have been working on a 1999 ACR but they guy just doesn't want to come to reality on the price.

Aston DB9 - same as the Viper, just like them, but the reliability ...

Audi RS6 Avant - Because who doesn't love wagons

Any of about a gazillion Porsches. The problem with that one is that if I do pull the trigger on one after this many years, I don't think I would go for anything that doesn't have "GT" in it's name which would likely push me out of the budget that I want to spend.

I've also considered going the other way, keeping the S6 and rolling the Escalade down the road for an RSQ8.

No, I don't want a C7 or a C8. I want to like them. I really do. But I just... don't like them enough to write the check. The only Vette that has made the list would be a C6 ZR1 but it would have to be the perfect color and trim combo (and I don't even know what that is).
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post: