10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 42,452 Times in 17,690 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenium Vette View Post
He does NOT own that house. No idea how rich he is or is not. The victim's insurance will pay to fix it. It is their option to recover damages from the ugly lib. I hope he enjoyed that key lime pie and coffee he got from Winn-Dixie.
If I'm the victim, I don't want to make an insurance claim, even on the comprehensive portion, because even though that's not supposed to raise my rates....activity is activity, and insurers don't like that, the reason most don't turn in low value claims. But yeah, that's one way to go, collect from the insurance company and have the insurer subrogate, collect their money back, as well as the deductible amount.

I worked in insurance decades ago, and saw that play out many times....months or years later, we cut a check for the insured's deductible TO the insured, usually because we eventually got the other party's insurance company to accept liability when the initial claim was in dispute.

And you may be right, this guy may not want to pay up immediately, and drag things out, because he's clearly led by emotion, and not reason. If that's the case, if I was the D.A., I'd go for the slam dunk felony conviction and ask for some jail time.

My pragmatic solution for this was holistic.....what's best for the victim, what's best for the D.A.'s office, and what's best for the taxpayers of that county, while still impressing on the guy that this isn't acceptable.

I'm betting he's done things like this before, just never been caught. If you got a DWI, for example, chances are you'd driven drunk many times before you ended up getting pulled for it, same with speeding, etc.

EDIT: At 8:22 on the video, the arresting officer says the guy owns that house.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote