10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 42,243 Times in 17,596 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricks327 View Post
She was the one to drag the situation out, not the officer.
In 30 years, I only got a coffee maker for outstanding ticket production.
In Michigan revenue from tickets go to various organizations: the state, the district court within that jurisdiction and the library, plus others.
I disagree. The officer drew it out. He's in control, not her. It's HIS traffic stop, as he tells her. He's the boss. He dictates what happens. He has discretion. Why didn't he simply tell her she was under arrest, then grab her and throw her to the ground when she didn't immediately comply by turning around and putting her hands behind her back? He could have had her in the back of the squad car in a matter of minutes, probably back to the jail and booked, in the amount of time all those policemen spent pussyfooting around.

~speeding
~fleeing and evading
~resisting without violence
~obstruction

BUT, he knew right from the beginning that he wasn't going to slap the cuffs on her, so why didn't he just write that speeding ticket and leave?

As far as quotas and incentives, yes, I agree that other than the overtime to appear in court that comes with writing a bunch of traffic tickets, there's no direct "cut of the action."

That doesn't mean that there aren't 'productivity' targets, because the more 'citizen contacts,' the bigger the possibility that one or more of those random sad sacks will have warrants, or a trunk full of dead hookers, drugs, or something else.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote