10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 42,070 Times in 17,521 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerovette View Post
I help her because it pisses me off that companies/mechanics/services will rip-off women because they are unable to do things for themselves.

I had her watch what I did and I explained everything I checked and why. I explained why some things are ruled out and some others could be the cause.

I told her what to tell the plumbing companies she calls so they will know she isn't at their mercy.

I feel sorry for the elderly and for still feminine women. Anyone else that is helpless...tough titties. Should have gotten your hands dirty a long time ago.
I had an electrical problem years back, so I called one of the companies that advertises. Quick response, younger guy comes over, and almost immediately diagnoses my problem....I need a whole new fuse box. Uh, OK. Called a guy recommended by one of my employees, he came by after work. He diagnosed two problems, first, in my kitchen, I've got 4 switches wired together, so you can imagine the big jumble of wires around each screw. A screw had backed off of one switch, so that's why the power was fluctuating in the kitchen. That solved my problem.

Then he looked at the fuse box and found another problem.....grounds had been run to a neutral bar by the builder, and the code enforcement didn't catch it. He fixed that for me, too, and I haven't had any trouble since.

Never did get that whole new fuse box. I suspect the guy wanting to sell me that saw the incorrect wiring to neutrals, figured that was the problem and figured I was good for a complete rewiring with a new fuse box.

I'll admit to bein
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote