RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 57.9%

Thanked 7,862 Times in 3,507 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSportC3 View Post
If you take sufficient breaks. your overall chance of an accident for the same trip is certainly lower. We are not talking about a huge amount of stops.. 3 to 4 stops in 1000 miles is not a lot in any way
And if you drive later into the night... as you will inevitably do on that same 1000 mile trip that I make... your chance of an accident is greater.

Stopping for an hour (or 59 minutes) at a Taco Bell while your appliance is plugged in outside does not somehow miraculously give you a fresh night's sleep. You want science? There is is. A short rest has a declining benefit as the amount of time since a full night's sleep grows. You do understand that, right? You really think that stopping at Taco Bell suddenly removes fatigue and you are as alert at 11:00 at night after a day of travel as you were at noon? You know. Science.

And yes, your diet does matter for fatigue, alertness, and awareness. Your piss poor diet hurts you a hell of a lot more than me driving for a few hours longer.

Quote:
Because your body relies so heavily on the foods you eat to function, your diet can be the main culprit of your fatigue. These are the kinds of foods and drinks that wreak havoc on your energy levels.

Fried foods
There are few things better than a large order of French fries or a greasy burger from a drive-thru. While they lack nothing in taste, they lack very much in nutrition. The high amounts of fat and low levels of fiber make fried, greasy fast foods hard to digest.

The slow digestion process delays your body’s ability to derive energy from the food and can make you grind to a halt. Similarly, overeating these kinds of foods can fill your tank too quickly and zap your energy storage.

This quick turnaround in your digestive system causes a sharp spike in energy levels and blood sugar followed closely by an even sharper drop.
Yea. Science. You're welcome. So yes, by all means, please tell us more about "fatigue" and how dangerous it is. I can't wait to hear more about it.

https://www.optimalperformancemedici...your%20fatigue.

And in spite of all of that, no. 3 or 4 stops is not a lot. On 1 thing you actually are correct. That's typically what I make on a 1000 mile trip. Funny how that works. The difference is that your stops are stupidly long because your car gives you no choice.

Like I said, I get plenty of rest. I eat better than you do. I still get there faster. I'm sitting at my destination relaxing with a drink in my hand while you're still on the road at the most dangerous times to travel, especially if you're traveling on weekends... you know... like normal human beings do.

Quote:
During the spring and summer months, fatal crashes tended to peak between 8 p.m. and 11:59 p.m.
If you want to ignore science …

https://injuryfacts.nsc.org/motor-ve...d-day-of-week/
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote