Onebadcad
Barn Stall Owner #116
Doesn't have a big thing
Activity: 99.8%

Thanked 9,574 Times in 4,813 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSportC3 View Post
Corvettes get much higher mileage ON THE HIGHWAY but less in the city.
I wonder if anyone with a Vette will take a bet.. Let's meet up in Manhattan on a 95 degree summer day and fill up the car in the early morning and then drive around Manhattan with AC set to 68 degrees until you run out of fuel. If you get the advertised CITY mpg, I pay you $2000. I did own C3's, C4's, C5's and C6's... and none of them would get advertised city mpg if you are all day in city stop and go traffic with the AC on. Yes, on the highway, I could get 30 mpg but they sucked in the city.
I can easily outperform any vehicle's city MPG estimate by driving like an 80-year old.
I can also show you proof that I get less than 6 MPG on my current C7Z set-up on e85, and it does not affect my driving habits.

If you care about your MPG I would NEVER recommend a sports car, as even though it can deliver the stated MPG, the driving disciplines to achieve such are not why you buy a sports car.

Next we will talk about tire treadwear??
I have NEVER gotton close to 50% of the advertised treadwear, which does not bother me.

I bought my last five vehicles knowing that MPG, treadwear and maintenance costs were meant for others, not me, as was not a consideration for me.

Lastly, I would be much more concerned with coolant and oils temps while driving in city traffice, as paying for a little more gas is nothing compared to having an overheating event.
Onebadcad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Onebadcad For This Useful Post: