Old 04-23-2024, 5:24pm   #34
Big bob
A Real Barner
Activity: 81.0%

Thanked 1,835 Times in 1,110 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
Back in '90 or so Baby Doll and I went to a friend's wedding in New Hampshire. My car, a red '85 TBird, had NY plates. I got stupid drunk so she drove back to where we were staying in Massachusetts. The route took us through a small town with a traffic light at every intersection. It was like 1am, we were the only car on the road. They had timed the lights to make you stop at every one, maximum delay. On light 9 of ten or so, she mashed the gas pedal when it turned green, got to the posted limit and just made it through the last light.

Cop on the side street lit us up.

She pulled the car over and rolled the window down. Yes, actually rolled. Cop comes up and I lean over from the passenger side, got my face as close as possible and ask him why he stopped us. His second mistake was answering me. "Ran a red light."

I asked him where he had been situated when he observed this and he made his third mistake by answering me again. "On the side street."

I then explained to him that we had two witnesses that saw us cruise through the yellow, and we both had a far better vantage point than he did. He knew that he was ****ed at that point, wasted as much tame as he could back in his car talking on the radio, then came back and issued a written warning.

Baby Doll was pissed, started reading him the riot act. I interrupted, told the cop "thank you" and we left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
I have no idea. Never been in a town that doesn't like folks travelling through? Never been in NH or Mass where cops will ticket the driver of a sporty looking car for the smallest infraction?

Back in the 70's my friend Paul was driving on a four-lane in NH when his TR6 overheated in stopped traffic. The section of road was on a downward grade, so he pulled over onto the shoulder, stopped the engine and rolled towards the bottom, where he figured there would be a stream so he could get water.

A NH state trooper raced down the shoulder to stop him. He told Paul to produce "license and registration". The registration was available in the glove box but Paul had his wallet in his back pocket. He's was a big guy in a small car, big steering wheel that doesn't tilt, and he couldn't reach his wallet. So he told that to the cop, then started to open the door. The cop drew his gun.

That's just the way it was there, back in the day.

Name:  laughing5.gif
Views: 35
Size:  1.16 MB
Big bob is offline   Reply With Quote