A Real Barner
Activity: 59.0%

Thanked 34,126 Times in 12,014 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray View Post
Not

Fixt for accuracy.

Only instance I’m aware of was walking up to my car in my 20’s and seeing legs ticking out the driver side door. Asshole was under my dash stealing my Alpine deck. The door being slammed several times on his legs and or the eventual bat I used gave him two broken legs. Ambulance called blah blah, brought in for questioning, released 2 1/2 hours later….no arrest…..no charges.

Reasonable force is legal…like most places.

Can I shoot someone dead for stealing my grandsons bike… probably not….thankfully

Just one of many examples that pop up in a search about use of deadly force in Canada, all of which agree you can’t use it to defend your property.

Quote:
It was just after 5 a.m. ET on Sunday when a group of men allegedly broke into the house where Ali Mian, a 22-year-old resident of Milton, Ont., lives, according to police.

Mian, through his lawyer, alleges the men who broke in — one of whom has since been charged with unauthorized possession of a firearm — attacked his mother. It was then that Mian allegedly shot one of them.

Police say there were multiple gunshots fired within the home, and one of the men who entered the home died.

Mian was charged with second-degree murder and is now awaiting trial.
Steve_R is offline   Reply With Quote