Old 04-21-2024, 2:19pm   #43
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 30.3%

Thanked 7,255 Times in 3,213 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin68 View Post
If you had a bucket truck parked next to the tree you wanted to take down, would you still use a rope?

Tree trimmers around my place climb the tree with rappelling ropes, tie the branch off, cut it and then lower to the ground. They do this whether trimming or taking the entire tree out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOguy View Post
They do the same thing here. It's easier, safer, and cleaner. And already cut up for hauling away.
They do the same thing here.

I have felled dozens of trees in my life, if that matters. Some of them were in a forest owned by the Boy Scout troop I was a member of, and yeah, we just dropped those in the woods. Of course, we would take care that they fell in the direction we wanted so as to avoid damage to healthy trees in the immediate area.

I wouldn't want to do it that way with houses and buildings around, and I wouldn't be surprised that if I had a tree work company, and got business insurance for said company, my insurance company would say "NFW" to dropping any trees from the base when there are structures, cars, boats, etc. anywhere in the vicinity.

BUT, Yaddy has made a habit of doing things in really stupid ways and bragging about it on the internet, so there really isn't anything surprising going on here.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post: