View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 11:41am   #62
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 46.0%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,524 Times in 1,939 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin68 View Post
A carbon filter or reverse osmosis system on your drinking water tap will get rid the taste. As noted below, most bottled water is tap water. However, it is processed through some combination of softening, RO, carbon polishing, or nanofiltration with ozonation/UV disinfection and a little salt added to get their proprietary taste.

You might be shocked to know of the lengths some companies will go through to put "spring water" on the label...only to process it through the same systems they run tap water through. Most natural spring water tastes horrible until you get used to it. Just like most love the taste of water from their well.
That's me. My well water has a very good taste. It also is naturally very soft water, which means it washes cars, clothes, dishes very good and for shits and giggles does not plug up piping. It comes from a well about 125' deep.

A couple contractors up here that have worked for me say I have some of the best tasting water around the lake. Do to medical problems I have to drink a lot of water so having good tasting water is a +!
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 6spdC6 For This Useful Post: