Old 04-21-2024, 9:59am   #50
GTOguy
Barn Stall Owner #421
Activity: 85.8%

Thanked 8,261 Times in 4,093 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruze View Post
Never heard of "pods" before, but I'm guessing what they are.

I was always pissed at the price of laundry detergent; seems much more expensive than it should be.

For years I've bought Ajax liquid dish soap from Dollar General. It suds up nice, is a less-pricey offbrand, and always did a great job on dishes. Why not use it for laundry? -- it's made to cut grease, etc.

So I do and it works great (no reason why it wouldn't). Don't need a whole lot to get suds and it's cheap.

Also, when I was still working, when I'd come in the house my hands were always dirty: oil, grease, graphite dust. I used all kinds of hand cleaners: Boraxo worked well but rough on hands especially during winter, D&L, etc.

I put Ajax in a pump bottle and it worked every bit as well as the others (don't need it since I retired. My hands are always clean now like a liberal with a desk job).

So Ajax it is for everything here except regular hand/shower soap bars.

Another thing: I always wash clothes with cold water. It really doesn't make any difference from hot.
The deal is that laundry detergent doesn't foam up excessively in the machine like dish soap can. I simply use Purex laundry detergent in the gallon jug for about $6. It's 1/3 the price of Tide or All and works fine.
GTOguy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GTOguy For This Useful Post: