RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 55.0%

Thanked 7,858 Times in 3,505 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSportC3 View Post
Come on... There is a reason why virtually every highway exit has food joints. It's because most people stop for food on road trips.
Yes. And there's a reason that almost every one of them are called FAST food and they have have drive-thrus.

What you somehow can't seem to grasp is the difference between stopping, and stopping for an hour or more. It's not the same thing.

Quote:
They don't travel shotgun style without breaks
Nobody said that people don't take breaks.

STOP. MAKING. SHIT. UP.

There it is. There's EXACTLY what I was talking about. There's that bullshit fallacy that you keep pushing to try to minimize the negative aspects. You can't help it. Stopping for food or a piss break is NOT the same things as stopping for an hour because you have to go charge your car multiple times on a trip.

I eat just as many "hot meals" as you do on a trip. I'm 100% certain that I actually eat better given that I can stop anywhere I want and am not limited to places with chargers. I can also do it in a fraction of the time. I don't drive "shotgun style". I take plenty of breaks. I stop. I rest when needed.
You somehow being incapable of comprehending the difference between stopping as needed ... and sitting for hours because your car forces you to do so is beyond absurd.

Quote:
If you are a business, you need your work vehicles to perform a job. It does not matter if they have perfect panel gaps or if the cup holder doesn't stay retracted or that weatherstripping is coming loose.
Not sure about frequency of engine failure but it is a statistical FACT that the average car lasts 200k miles.

https://cascadecollision.com/blog/wh...%2C000%20miles.
Statistical fact? You do know what that term means, right?

Your version of a "statistical FACT" is a website for a body shop with no actual statistics that claims "interior detailing is key to the longevity of your vehicle"?

Holy shit.

There is absolutely nothing whatsoever in there that is a "statistical FACT".

Regardless of any of that, what point do you think that makes?

Quote:
It doesn't really matter what the cause is that cars are scrapped. It's usually because repairs at that mileage exceed the value of the car. That's when most cars are scrapped.
Who in the hell is talking about SCRAPPING the car? You are trying to deflect... as usual... from the very simple truth that shit is going to break, and when it does, it is more expensive.

You keep pushing this no maintenance, infinite reliability narrative. It's absolute bullshit.

Quote:
I owned very very few cars that I owned past 150k miles. Last high mileage cars were my wife's Grand Caravan which we kept to 220k or 230k miles or so and a Silverado 1500 V6 that had 170k miles. I had so many issues with that truck.. Engine and transmission were fine but lots of issues with injectors, fuel system and many other issues. I was wrenching on that thing all the time. Had I paid a mechanic for all the work I did, I would have exceeded the value of the truck many times.
Oh look. Another deflection and another sample size of 1. Shocking.

I've driven a 1999 Yukon to 300k miles with nothing whatsoever that prevented it from driving. My last Yukon is with the new owner and going strong at 260k. My 01 Yukon was at 250k the last I saw it.

I put less maintenance dollars in all 3 of them combined than it would take to replace 1 Tesla motor. What's your point?

Which brings us right back to the topic that you keep trying to deflect from.
Your argument that a fleet of Cyber"trucks" will go hundreds of thousands of miles without needing any maintenance and without breaking is complete f**king bullshit.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote