View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 8:43am   #64
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 38.4%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,598 Times in 1,984 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptindall View Post
Knocking down 300ish virtually simultaneous targets including 120 ballistic missiles is a really amazing feat. I'm sure it only happened because we pretty much knew it was comming, but it's still amazing. The part I want to know, but we will never hear, is what percentage of Iran's ballistic missile and drone stockpile was used? What percentage of Isreal's Arrow 2, Arrow 3, and Iron Dome were expended? What percentage of our on-station SM-3 and SM-6 were expended? How quickly can those be resupplied?

So Western air defences WORK.
Great. How well do Russian and Chinese air defences work? Iran has both. We may learn how well they stack up to the F-35's stealth and Isreali tactics soon.
I may be wrong but it appears that Israel and the US spent considerably more money shooting down those mostly drones and some missals than Iran did firing them. A major disparity in capital outlaid and put a serious dent in our availability of more of those expensive defense weapons!
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 6spdC6 For This Useful Post: