View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 10:07pm   #75
donuts
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 7.2%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenium Vette View Post
She got you in fast because there weren't any customers ahead of you. Either a slow day for deliveries or they don't sell many cars.

No salesman likes an F&I manager that drags out the signing process, but there are plenty of F&I guys who love to hear themselves talk or they are scared to try and sell product so they do it by boring the buyer to death and wear them down so they'll buy something before signing.

The worst F&I guys I ever knew were the ones who came from a banking background and didn't now how to sell cars. It was always a two-way street, those kind never liked the salesmen either.

I worked with one who got REAL pissed at me this one time: I had a new customer who had left the Ford store he bought his 2005 Mustang at because they told him he couldn't trade up to a new GT convertible after owning it for a few months. He told me that was ****in' bullshit, his exact words, since he had checked with the credit union who held the loan on his trade and they had approved him. Did I mention he was kind of crude, LOL. Guy was a welder on high rises and made plenty of money. We had just put our first 2005 Mustang GT convertible on the showroom that morning. He walked in and pointed to it and said he wanted to buy it. Got the numbers all worked up and into finance. This bald-headed 58 year old wuss finance guy tells me no way he can get him bought. Half-asses an effort to send it in, says guy is full of shit, they won't approve him. So I sent the guy down to his credit union with a buyer's order to get an approval letter and bring it back. So he is gone for 10 minutes and comes back with the approval letter with the approval number and amounts to finance. That F&I manager was breathing fire after the guy left in his new care and growls to me to never do that again. I calmly shut his office door and then told him not so nicely how it didn't matter whether he liked it or not that I went around him for an approval or whether he liked the customer or not. And if he had a problem with it to go to the GM and complain. Which wasn't going to happen, he would have looked like an idiot. Plus the GM would have been pissed he went off on me.

The cherry on the top was I sold the guy a couple more cars in the next month or so and the F&I manager had to deal with him again.
I got the impression she was ready to get the heck out of there and head to the bar

I appreciate your honesty, the sales side is always the quickest part, it’s the part of waiting on financing guy to get the deal closed. And you mentioned dragging shit out so you know it’s true. I’ve got a couple of those stories as well. I don’t get it, offer extended warranty at reasonable price and don’t waste my time, oh, and tell me up front that you’re recording the deal not after I have to ask why he’s asking stupid scripted questions.

I have some good transactions that were pleasant but they’re the exception not the rule.
donuts is online now   Reply With Quote