10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 42,497 Times in 17,711 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
Hey I gotta ask ya BD, since you mentioned Houston... Do you live in Houston near the 610 Loop, and do you know where Telephone Road is?
I live in one of the burbs, outside Houston's second loop, the Beltway 8.

610 at Telephone is the Sunnyside area to the south, and 3rd Ward to the north. Don't let the names fool you, it's one of the most dangerous places in the country. My friend from Ft. Worth came down to see me in the evening, when it was dark, and was lost. He called me.

"Where ya at?"

"Uh, looks like 610 and, uh, uh, Telephone Rd."

"OK, first, get in your car and GTFO of there immediately. I don't care where you go, just get away from there. It's not safe."

"Uh, OK."

https://propertyclub.nyc/article/mos...ods-in-houston

Quote:
Houston is a great place to live, but you'll want to make sure you live in a safe part of the city. While we wouldn't say Houston is unsafe, it does have some dangerous areas. Read on to discover Houston's most violent neighborhoods.
Is Houston Dangerous?

Houston isn't very dangerous compared to other large cities, but crime in the city has risen in recent years. Houston has a crime rate that is 126% higher than the national average, which is comparable to other large cities. The main problem is the increasing violent crime rate since 2020.

While many areas of the city are relatively safe, these are the worst neighborhoods in Houston based on crime statistics from 2021 and 2022.
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in Houston

Sunnyside
MacGregor
Sharpstown
Greenspoint
Far North
Northeast
Northwest
East End
Sugarland
Pasadena

1. Sunnyside

The most dangerous neighborhood in Houston is Sunnyside due to its extremely high crime rate, which has only risen in recent years
. Sunnyside is a large neighborhood located South of downtown Houston and has a population of 17,751. The crime rate in Sunnyside is 92 per 1,000 people, meaning residents have a 1 in 11 chance of being the victim of a crime. Some of the most common violent crimes in the neighborhood are robbery, assaults, and to a lesser degree, murder.

2. MacGregor

Another one of the most dangerous areas in Houston is the MacGregor neighborhood, which is located in southeast Houston's Third Ward.
The area includes beautiful old mansions and a well-funded research university. However, many low-income apartments are located in the MacGregor neighborhood, and a lot of violent crime and theft happen there. The violent crime rate is 78 per 1000 residents. The neighborhood is so violent that it's been ranked as one of the most dangerous areas in the United States.

The public schools are some of the most poorly rated in the Houston School District.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote