Onebadcad
Barn Stall Owner #116
Doesn't have a big thing
Activity: 99.8%

Thanked 9,657 Times in 4,858 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Although I did brag that I won the $1.1 billion Mega Millions drawing recently, unfortunately, I only won $4. Actually, I paid $10 for the ticket, so I actually had a net loss of $6, so I won't be making the billionaire's list this week.

I agree with the bolded. Even though I am many orders of magnitude away from that kind of wealth, I don't even want some family members to have any idea what my retirement savings is like. IMO, nothing good can come from other people knowing you have money; even if it is only a few hundred thousand, people have killed for a lot less.
I know a dood, who knows a dood, who is on that list; he also knows others.

One dood, highest one he knows on list, is very low-profile, specifically when in ports of call, he purposely underdresses, never wears jewelry, his wife does same, and tries to only frequent restaurants he has been before; most meals are on his yacht.
He takes these steps, as a business partner of his was kidnapped in south america 20+ years ago.
Dood was held hostage for a few months, the ransom could have been met but family feared they would kill him after receipt.
So, they did not pay, they hired hostage rescue team, they got him, it cost much more than the ransom, but they knew this was the better choice.
Onebadcad is offline   Reply With Quote