View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 7:34am   #39
donuts
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 6.1%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

True story.. I had quite a few engineering students work for me over the years and several who stuck it out all 4 years so I took them to the Indy 500 for their graduation gift. They said they wanted to ride motorcycles up there , from Oklahoma , and we did. One kid had an older Suzuki cruiser that was carbureted and on the way up it was sputtering a bit but we made it, on the way home it just wouldn’t run hardly at all. We stopped over at big travel stop area for the night and in the morning we filled up and it wouldn’t start back up. We got it pushed to the side and those smart dudes could only think of one thing to do, and that was to tear down that carb I looked at them and laughed and asked if they had even thought about googling the issue and they looked at me like I was nuts, I had already pulled up a video on YouTube that described the issue perfectly and all it was was clogged up vacuum tubes .. 5 minutes later we were on the road. They’re all extremely successful today in their fields thanks to my leadership and school of common sense..
donuts is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to donuts For This Useful Post: