10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 42,146 Times in 17,549 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewfoot View Post
I'm with the cop on this one. He told him enough times. Besides, look at those homes. One panel cost more than the house,

The cop is interested in confronting the solar sales people because they purportedly don't have a peddlers' permit, not the old guy. Once the old guy asks the officer to leave, why couldn't the cop have simply walked to the street and ask the solar salesmen to come join him on the street? The old guy was gruff, yes, but I don't see why he's not right. He has asked the officer to leave several times, but the officer doesn't leave the property. Why? Ego?

Two egos met on the field that day, and one of the egos got BTFO and had a heart episode. That showed him, I guess. **** you for trying to stand on your rights, old man!

It doesn't seem like this was a hot pursuit situation, where the cop chased these people down to the old guy's house. What right did the officer have to stay on the land once asked to leave? The implied invitation open to anyone to walk up and knock on the front door has clearly been revoked. Old guy is standing up for his rights as a property owner.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote