View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 11:08am   #2270
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner
Activity: 84.5%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
The car was titled with 165k miles on it.

It was then titled again with a "non actual" exempt title and has been "N/A Exempt" ever since.

The point that you are missing is that there is no way that anybody could have ever titled the car with 95k miles at the point in time that you are claiming. It simply could not happen. Even if you signed off on it and bought it, it could have never actually been titled. I find it very hard (impossible) to believe that any dealer would have been stupid enough to try to bring a title to an office that said 95k when a previous title showed 165k. That doesn't make sense. Even if they did trick a customer, they could never actually transfer the title.
As I obviously didn't go through with the purchase. I may be wrong but usually, when you buy from a dealer, you actually don't really get the signed title. That only happens in a private sale. They do the title paperwork for you. All they need to do is to check the box that says "NOT ACTUAL MILEAGE" when filing the paperwork for the buyer. Just a thought. As I said, I didn't go through with it so I'm not sure what would have happened.
GrandSportC3 is offline   Reply With Quote