Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 95.3%

Thanked 34,045 Times in 13,802 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSportC3 View Post
I'm not getting bamboozled by a fast talking sales person but many people do. I walked right out of the dealership when they tried to screw me. They kept calling me and I didn't pick up the phone. They left voice mails and I didn't call back.
Unfortunately, there are many who are not seasoned car buyers that get screwed.. Dealers talk them into 84 month loans so that the payment looks low and the buyer doesn't realize that they will have to pay for 8 years.

I guess it has no sense to continue discussing this. I favor more customer protections and others think that if people are stupid, they deserve to get screwed over by a fast talking sales person.

I personally don't fall for any scams or dealer games. I've owned over 70 cars in my life and I'm a seasoned car buyer. I just noticed that in RECENT years, the amount of misleading ads has increased a lot. It's not just ads. It's also talking people into things like extended warranty, often accompanied with lies like "In order to get you the low % interest rate, the bank wants you to have the extended warranty" etc. etc..
Yes, there are honest and ethical sales people but I'm not sure if it is a majority or minority. Yes, anybody should be able to make money and a profit but not by screwing people.

Let's just agree to disagree on that. We are talking in circles for the last couple of days.
If you were in your late teens, I could appreciate what you are saying but holy shit, as an adult, how is any of this not just a part of your general knowledge? Do you think Buy one get one free is a scam because they draw you in with something free, but then force you to buy one to get the free one? That is exactly what you are complaining about. How about credit scores? Ads that say your monthly payment is as low as $300.00 with approved credit. The approval is also a condition that must be met. Is that deceptive?
Aerovette is online now   Reply With Quote