Old 03-26-2024, 7:42am   #119
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Activity: 64.2%

Thanked 34,083 Times in 12,002 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin68 View Post
I don't disagree that EFI is the ultimate in drivability, but from what I've read, it is a not as a bolt-on mod. An Edelbrock would be an easier swap, IMO. I've had my 68' for 16 years with the Edelbrock and other than one idle adjustment, I've done nothing to it and wouldn't hesitate to drive anywhere in it....except in heavy rain.... no top.

Not intending to confuse you further, I'm voting for the easy/fast button. If that is a Q-jet, great, but I think any carburetor is going to be an easier swap than EFI. Make it run. Make it better/perfect later. It's not like this isn't something that isn't easily undone.

To be clear, I'm not advocating for slapping it together because there are some mods that are hard to undo, but if a Q-jet is too big a hurdle right now, go to the next easiest option that works AND can be undone.

If I'm misinformed about the relative ease of an EB vs. EFI mod, I will defer to others' expertise.

If it was me I'd go with the Holley Sniper EFI system. It's a bolt-on solution that just works. Here's an evaluation of the best EFI systems that rates the Holley system number 1. It's self learning so no laptop or programming is needed. I ran a previous version of this on my '69 Bronco; it just worked.
Steve_R is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post: