View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 9:42am   #15
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 38.7%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,587 Times in 1,977 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATB View Post
Good job man.
So far my new house build is 100% white country boys (men). One black guy was the block masons helper and he too is a conservative country man.

Pretty much a given that the insulation and drywall hangers will be Hispanic men but the businesses in those cases are legit and the crew are all legal.
Back when I was delivering building supplies I had to deliver to a couple large houses being built by South Americans. They were all on the short side and the contractor said all his people were legal.

It was a bit funny seeing those little guys dragging a framing hammer hanging from a holster on their belt through the snow. They were decent to be around and I got to admit from what I saw very good workers. They moved fast but on lot of items it took two of them to move it around. Two were having a hard time moving a very big sliding glass door outfit.

I told the one at the back to let me take over and I put my 5'11'' 230# behind the door and made fast work of getting it slid into the building.
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote