Old 03-21-2024, 10:39am   #53
sublime1996525
A Real Barner
Activity: 4.2%

Thanked 6,697 Times in 3,004 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1008643

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datawiz View Post
In real life terms, that saves me $100k, but I'm still in a financial situation that if I spend $160k on a Corvette or $250k on a Porsche, it doesn't change the needle on the monthly budget one bit. BUT, I want the 2019 GT3 RS, and it's not currently classed in any stock class, and would require me to jump to Super Street Prepared, which would then require many modifications to be competitive. I'm not buying a quarter of a million dollar car to not be able to drive it the way I want to drive it. Stock class is where I want to be, and the C8 Z06 was just added to the Super Street class, and the compromise in tires for competitive rubber is minimal. Only loss is 20 mm in rear tires. OEM 345 wide, available rears in competitive tires 325 wide. New GT3's or even GT3 RS from 2019 can't run in SS. I'm not buying a paper weight to show off. I want to compete.
That's a reasonable excuse....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangkiller View Post
2020 ram limited. Nicest interior and best ride of any vehicle ive ever owned or driven. My ford is nice but it rides like shit. My yukon denali was a piece of shit and the corvette is a great playcar but needed $25k+ in mods to be what it should be
I agree about the Ram. My 2020 Laramie is so nice and the ride is excellent. It's also quiet, comfortable, has a really good stereo. It's a great road trip vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
I'm not quite at 248 (unless you count bikes that I've "owned" for my business) but I've had more than a few. I think the count was in the 50s last time I tried to add it up for cars (not counting business) and a hell of a lot of bikes.

It's pretty hard to pick a best but if I use the criteria of the ones I'd like to have back, I'd oddly enough probably start with my 2004 GTO. It was far from the fastest. It probably isn't the best at... anything... but for some reason I loved that car. It unfortunately met a rather unfortunate end on the highway and was replaced by what would likely be number 2 on my list, my 2002 Z06. It was nothing special but it was simply... fun. It could make a trip to the race track and perform quite admirably and the next day go pick up groceries. It made many MANY long distance road trips in my Navy days coming back home and never missed a beat. It was a great car to drive down to the beach on those summer days when the tourist girls were out and about.

As far as the best all around everything, it is actually hard to top the S6. It's not the car that I would have wanted in my 20s, but now in my 40s with kids it's phenomenal. It is luxury when I cruise to work and sporty when I want that. The details and German engineering are as expected. The brakes are beyond any non-race car I've ever driven. It handles great. It rides great. The steering feel is absolutely spectacular. It has more usable room than most of the smaller SUVs on the market. It has had a few electrical gremlins that were annoying as shit right out of the gate, but once that was sorted out, it has redeemed itself very well. My only complaint is not the power itself, but the sound of the V6. I miss that V8 sound. Which is exactly why an RS6 Avant is currently leading the pack to replace it.
Just in for the RS6 Avant. I freaking love them! I hope we get the RS3 Avant one day!

Your 02 Z06 comment made me smile, too. I had my 02 Z06 while in the Navy and it made several trips from Camp Pendleton to Salt Lake. I put 50k miles on that car with very minor issues...mostly caused by me lol.
sublime1996525 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sublime1996525 For This Useful Post: