View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 1:07pm   #12
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 9,006 Times in 2,778 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

It’s been a bit since I updated this thread. There isn’t much to show. I have traced every circuit and have 99% ironed out. Almost everything was correct except a couple connections. I’m still trying to figure out two mystery wires that need a matching connection.

I figured out I can run power to the system and then ground one circuit at a time to see what lights up. The problem is a huge number of wires disappear into the main fuselage with no way to visually track them.

Zero ways to crack it open so if a circuit doesn’t light I mark it and I’m hoping through the process of elimination I’ll get everything connected right. I had to disconnect previously soldered connections to correct a couple circuits.

I’ve attached new images of the model. The wires are all over the place because I had to pull them for testing. Once I have confirmed everything the wiring gets tucked in neatly.

The base looks amazing. I finished it with vintage Gold Top Les Paul lacquer. As you can see the mounting ring that holds the entire model has very little surface area for glue. I will be creating some reinforcements once electronics are settled.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4011.jpg  

IMG_4013.jpg  

IMG_4015.jpg  

SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post: