Old 03-12-2024, 1:03pm   #37
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 24,234 Times in 10,994 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onebadcad View Post
Okay, I am done with MIA, any family member that flies in or out of there will have to pay for a car service.

Today, wife was scheduled to come in on redeye from denver at 7 AM, she had a checked bag so I figures I could leave the house at 6:15 and pick her up curbside at 7:45.

So, after a shit night of sleep, maybe four hours, I am on the road at 6:15 AM, cruising down the FL Turnpike with light traffic, THEN, two miles from getting on 95 south I hit a HUGE WALL of traffic, bumper-to-bumper for all two miles.

Then when I finally go through the spaghetti bowl to 95 south it is another parking lot, and I cannot get over to the express lanes, which were also a parking lot.

I finally get to MIA at 8:15 AM, TWO DAMN HOURS, what a shitshow, that town has issues, they are out of land to make more lanes so there are truly effed!!

The ride home should be easier, WTF am I kidding, only 35 miles, but every damn road, the Palmetto and 75 north is SHIT, took me an hour and forty-five minutes.

So basically I spent four hours driving this morning, never again, and eff MIA and Miami, they suck, and I see no way it gets better.

Lesson here is to buy some land near Larry, as this traffic takes a toll on you--damn good pun.

Lastly, those two doggies, no damn loyalty, once the wifey went through the door after her four-day vacation, they forgot all about me,,, I will be witholding the beef jerky treats!!
Speaking of the toll…that’s how we feel now if we have to go down to the Destin coast.

It literally wears me out to go there.
LATB is offline   Reply With Quote