View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 7:47pm   #42
jh225
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $101040

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
Why? Whats the reason for the hate? Moonshiners??
Funny enough……. I found most parts of an old still in the loft of my barn.

Fun facts: (and I do mean facts)
Everyone knows who Buford Pusser is. He crashed and burned just a couple miles from his house (plaque there now) which is just a couple miles from the house you are talking about.

OK, lot’s of people know the “events” that happened from watching the old movie Walking Tall. Most of that shit was made up, and what they didn’t tell you is that ‘Ol Buford was just part of the “other” side. Just two different factions selling shine, and Buford pushed a little too hard. Most locals think that’s who caused his “accidental” brake failure.

Oh, and BTW, a good friend who grew up there, told me he used to get sent over to Bufords Paw house to get a quart of shine. I have no reason not to believe it.

And for one more local fact: (I could tell you dozens), Way back when, if you happened to be black and were hired to pick crop at seasons end, your ass better be out of Morris Chapel before the sun goes down.

There wasn’t a single black family that lived there until after WW2.

Some things have changed since then, some haven’t. I would move back there in a heartbeat. I miss the shit out of my small farm and my redneck friends.
jh225 is online now   Reply With Quote