View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 10:02am   #13
Raazor
2020 Election Expert
Activity: 25.8%

Location: Big Sky Country... Where the men are men, the sheep are nervous, and the winters are LOOONG!!!
Thanked 19,849 Times in 7,397 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1134156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruze View Post
My dad never really told me that, but he was like that by nature, being a devout "turn the other cheek" Christian and never speaking ill of anyone. I learned it by just being his son, and by my personal life experiences.

I've found as I've gotten older that getting into arguments and "going to the mat" (which I did a lot when younger) to prove your point is a waste of time -- whether IRL or online. There is nothing to gain except hard feelings.

Being an old **** now, I avoid confrontations like the plague. It's easier to just suck it up, even if you're right, and move on. I have a liberal couple I'm friends with who bring up politics on occasion (not so much lately) and I'll often make one rebuttal then change the subject. Sometimes I won't respond at all.

Back in 2018 we got into it really bad and didn't talk to each other for months. She made the first move to get back together, and we've been okay since. He's a dumb **** and occasionally brings up mass shootings and guns but I ignore him. There is nothing to be gained by arguing with dumb people who are in a cult.

"Too soon old, too late smart." - some Chink proverb
cliffs?
Raazor is offline   Reply With Quote