View Single Post
Old 02-17-2024, 2:45pm   #18
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 37.1%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,599 Times in 1,984 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
I'm very familiar with "the old days". I also realize that things have changed. You may also be shocked to learn that you don't have to change your oil at 3,000 miles on new cars anymore either.

I have jumped many hundreds of cars (at auctions). I have never fried a computer. Maybe I am just very lucky.

The small "start assist" jump packs are garbage and inevitably won't work when you need them to.

Get a JNC660 and stop worrying about it. I have a pair of them that have been used daily and have jumped hundreds of cars and bikes each. If/when you do manage to kill it, simply replace the battery and go for a few more years.
I'm far from a car start virgin myself. I have also done up in the hundreds starting best guess in 1957-58. That was in a much colder climate than today -20s were common and many vechicles did not start. FWIW the Chrysler products were the worst of the none starters made a lot of money jumping them or sometimes hooking up a chain and taking them to the garage. OBTW my first 3 cars were V8 Dodges, but mine started.

Then working under the table at my buddies garage for years. That why I have the long made by me cables so I can reach a car nosed in to a garage.

Oh as far as the 3,000 mile oil change I can remember that, in fact most cars in the owners manual said only change the filter every other time.(Rather stupid in my book) I always went 4,000 and changed the filter each time.

I have paid my dues working and playing with cars.
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6spdC6 For This Useful Post: