10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 42,111 Times in 17,537 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptlo306 View Post
Trying to get amnesty for some illegals = weak. Note that I didn't say he was entirely weak on illegal immigration because he isn't but pushing amnesty is a leftist position.
Trump offered up the roughly, at that time, 3/4 million 'dreamers,' in exchange for a laundry list of what we need, including an end to birthright citizenship going forward. That was a good deal for pro-America factions, so of course it never even had a chance. I think Trump knew it didn't stand a chance, either, but put it out there to show how un-serious the uniparty actually is about solving the problem.

The left was going on and on about mUh DrEaMeRs. Trump offered them a deal, they passed, because why would they cut their own throats going forward just to get under a million of their people legalized? Why would they? They wouldn't, they didn't.

Yes, I want all the illegals deported in another "Operation Wetback" type push, but I would have been happy to trade the 'dreamers' for actual immigration legislation that would put a stop to the US being flooded by illegals that couldn't even get a tourist or work visa.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post: