Old 01-22-2024, 8:37am   #4
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 42,252 Times in 17,599 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

No joking here, Yaddie. That's very serious, and how lucky your father was to get his cash back. Kudos to UPS. I suppose the local police wouldn't be interested or have the manpower to try and catch the person the money was mailed to?

I've seen a video about this scam. It's people overseas that are doing it, they recruit Americans to receive the money, who then take their cut and forward the rest to the overseas scammer.

Is it time for at least an unofficial guardianship? Y'all make sure dad's bills are paid, that he has everything he needs, but is prevented from being in this situation again. The fact that he figured out he was scammed soon enough to have UPS recover and return his package is good, but the fact that he was conned to begin with is really bad. I'd take him to the bank and go over the account history with his banker.

Do you have the e-mail trail? I'm guessing there were no phone calls, because then it would be obvious it was an Indian, Nigerian, or some Eastern European asshole, and not an American, on the other end of the line.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote