View Single Post
Old 01-22-2024, 8:29am   #13
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 38.4%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,598 Times in 1,984 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink;2205226[B
]As the wife and I get older I tend to go everywhere[/B] with her now. The number one thing I hate about getting older, is getting more fragile. Some criminal jerk off(s) could hurt us, let alone rob us.

I'm a pretty physical guy
and could still prob fend off an attacker, but its one of those things I never had to ever worry about when I was younger....and yes I've had a CCW (and use it) longer than some here have been alive.
I hear you, I have been legally carring since the early 1970s. At my now age of 78 and declining health my going hands on and coming out on top are extremely low. Thats kind of disheartening to a person that grew up in a tough ghetto neighborhood where fighting to keep your lunch or lunch money at school was difficult.

I used to be a NRA firearms instructor (over 25 years) and very well versed in guns. Age is most definitely a serious game changer. Hopefully push never comes to shove but I'm prepared as best as I can be not to be a defenseless victim. You do what you got to do to win, (Enough said)
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 6spdC6 For This Useful Post: