Old 01-18-2024, 8:30am   #116
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 39.2%

Thanked 7,236 Times in 3,206 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09CTSV View Post
Yeh, no li-ion. Toyota and VW are both on the neck of making solid state batteries a reality for cars. From what I've read Toyota has one with a 700 or 800 mile range and recharge time around 10 minutes.
Would that take your range anxiety and loathing of waiting for a whole ten minutes to get filled up away?.
Without knowing more, I can't say it would completely take away "range anxiety", but it absolutely would make the vehicle a better fit for what I use my vehicles for, AND a 700 mile range would be an advantage over my current Explorer with the 400 mile range before a need for refueling.

There are two folks on here who CAN NOT understand the difference between "want to stop" and "have to stop". My wife and I regularly drive 600-700 miles in a day, and in either of our current vehicles, that means we HAVE to stop once during the day. It would definitely be a selling point if a vehicle eliminated that. I know there are some diesel trucks out there today with that much range, but they don't fit the rest of our needs very well.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote