View Single Post
Old 01-17-2024, 10:30am   #218
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
I have a wireless charger that I put it on at night. Plugging shit in and having cords everywhere annoys me, as would having to deal with unplugging the car every time I want to go somewhere, plugging it in every time I get back, having to deal with the cables, etc.

That is infinitely worse than having to stop once every couple of weeks for 5 minutes on the way to or from work.

The short version is that no matter how much you try to spin it, at this point in time, with current technology, there is nothing that is a regular part of a daily commute that an EV does better than an ICE vehicle. They don't tow better, they don't drive better, they don't do anything better. You justify the hassle of charging vs. getting gas... great.

An EV is a novelty. It's the cool (to some) gadget to play with. You justify the inconveniences and ignore the faults because you like it for whatever reasons. If that's what you want, go for it. To each his own, but to argue that they are better "for 90%" of "average people" as you keep trying to do, is absolutely absurd.
Again, your usage pattern is not typical or representative. Nobody forces you to get an EV. If they don't work for you, don't get one. We have EV's because they work perfectly for us. EV owner since 2019 and EV only household since 2020 and never had the need for a gas vehicle in the last 4 years.

I may get a gas vehicle as a weekend/fun car in the future but not a daily driver.
GrandSportC3 is online now   Reply With Quote