Old 11-12-2023, 9:39pm   #47
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.2%

Thanked 9,040 Times in 2,783 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
Splitting the coil is supposed to give you a more strat-like sound, It doesn't really work all that well.
I think it’s because the magnetic field from the other coil is right next to it. I have Eliminator II’s in my Strats. They are stacked out of phase, passive, vintage sound. They don’t buzz at all and sound really legit. From SRV clean to Robert Cray - I wish they still made them.

The guy that invented them is Dave Evans. Long after he was out of business I needed a wiring harness for one of my Strats (they use three pin micro connectors). I posted on a forum trying to find the connectors and he replied. He apparently got stupid rich and was spending most of his time on a yacht.

He made me a harness for free and mailed it to me. I couldn’t believe it.

I have two matching Strats (not real Strats. Custom made 57 copies) with identical electronics. Back in the day I ran a Mesa Boogie Mark iv with the massive Eminence JBLs. Ran it totally clean.

It SPANKED. I sold it for $100 less than I paid in 1996- $1,500 and bought my 64 Deluxe. Huge change after so many years. But the sound and tone is incredible. The boogie sounded great but sterile. The LP sounded dead through it. (Unless you ran high gain channel. Then it was amazing but I don’t play that style).

The deluxe has that brown sound that just can’t be replicated. Coupled with the Eliminators, it’s sweet as shit. I paid $1,600 and recently saw one going for $7950 on Reverb.

Too bad I won’t sell any of this stuff. My son can reap the gain after I’m gone.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post: