10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 42,124 Times in 17,542 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo Yelo C5 View Post
I can't believe PA has a law against mounting anything on the windshield that "materially" obstructs the view of the driver. I don't think that law was codified in PA years Ago. Nice that they intentionally didn't define "materially" as to make it more difficult to defend against.

The blame goes to the lawmakers who write chicken shit, often vague laws that pretty much allow any cop to stop any motorist any time they feel like it.

Another one, at least in Texas, is the license plate frame. Got a dealer frame, maybe a college or sports team frame? Does it obscure any part of any lettering on the plate? Does it partially obstruct the wording "The Lone Star State" at the very bottom of the plate? Boom, easy crime to stop you for, and the majority of Texans have those on their plates. Window tint is another big one, license plate lights also. I've seen videos of cops stopping drivers saying, I couldn't see your plate from 50' away, even though the license plate lights were operational. That's really the scariest law on the books, because, how do you defend yourself from that? Your lights are working just as they came off the showroom floor, but "well, I couldn't see them from 50' away, so here I am stopping and interrogating you at night, by the side of the road.

Legislatures need to be concerned with repealing some of these laws.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote