Old 10-17-2023, 10:33pm   #46
Slo Yelo C5
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 16.7%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortDawg View Post
So, a story:

On 12 August 2023, I took delivery of a 2024 Chevy 2500 HD. I had to take it back to them on 28 August. The Allison 10 speed Transmission failed. 806 miles. Awesome, right? It gets worse. For the first month GM Customer Service was zero help. I would call them for an update on the status of the transmission, they would call the dealer, who was waiting from an update from...GM. Notice I said, I would call them, because, they never once called me during that first month. Even when I left messages for them to do so. I had to chase them.

Fast forward another 2 weeks. I send them a legal letter giving them 15 days to do something, anything. Well, today is the deadline. Yesterday, they called me an offered to replace it. Said call the dealer and see if they have one in stock. Called dealer, nope. Called GM told them, nope. They said, quote "well look at other dealers local and find one." I said, no you (GM) find one. They said, that's not how "the process" works.

*sigh*

**** GM Customer Service. They can eat a bag of dicks. Most useless bunch of shitbags I've ever dealt with. Called a lawyer, waiting for call back. Still trying to figure out how this became my problem to fix.

Sounds like what I've battled with them.

Today I called them. They told me my Equinox is "out of the special extended warranty period covering the piston rings". I told them that was fine, except the class action requirement (per the court filing agreed upon by GM) was that all owners are to receive notification by mail of the extended warranty period and I never got a notification and therefore couldn't file during the extended warranty period because I didn't know the coverage existed.

They told me they mailed me a warranty letter. I said "that's funny... because the car is titled to my girlfriend. So you mailed me a warranty letter even though I have no ownership of the vehicle?"

Then they backtracked and said "we sent it to her at (insert address here)". I said "that's hilarious... because the warranty period for us was 2019-2021 and we didn't move to that address until 2022. So you mailed a letter expired in 2021...during the 2022 calendar year...for an already ending warranty period to let us know yo fix our car after the warranty period ends?"

Then the GM BS Rep said..."look...it's not covered".

Since I live 15 miles from Delaware and they are a Delaware corporation, I am going to file a Delaware complaint (law suit) in DE. Easiest dismissal motion is wrong venue. They can't claim that if filed in Delaware.

Then I'll just keep filing and make them spend 10+ hour responding to court filings just to be as difficult as they are. GM is the worst company for customer service on the planet.

I swear, they just say anything. I honest to God think that unless you have a lawyer, they just do 100% denial on absolutely everything.
Slo Yelo C5 is offline   Reply With Quote