10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 42,133 Times in 17,546 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOguy View Post
As a retired automotive guy who began working on these when they came out 44 years ago, I agree 100%. The only people who liked them were the bean counters. Nobody else.
My one and only FWD car, the Cruze....my mechanic warned me that the oil needs to be changed frequently, and he recommended running Seafoam, BG, something, in the oil prior to every oil change. Says the oil journals are small, so sludge can build up and starve areas of oil. Says he's seen engine failures from people who followed GM's oil change intervals at about 100K miles.

And it has that abominable engine shut off crap, no way to simply turn it off. I expect to buy a new starter prematurely, negating whatever fuel savings it may or may not have netted me. On the plus side, car's almost 7 years old, on the original factory battery. Longest I have ever kept a battery, ever.

I can only speculate that putting the battery in the truck protects it from the heat of the engine, and that's why it has done so well. Knock on wood.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote