View Single Post
Old 10-05-2023, 3:07pm   #41
RatDog
Barn Stall Owner #114
Activity: 0.7%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink View Post
Yeah - the newbies gyrate to the CF because that's first & foremost in many searches. The problem is that the CF refugees are a lot of the expertise and so the new people on the CF get some really, REALLY bad info. Like some dolt recommending a later C2 headliner for installation in a split window. The 63 headliner is unique and only one source for a decent replacement.

You can't even help out through another member if you're banned, a pal quoted some advice to a new member over there from me to get him straightened out and was slapped with some arcane "proxy posting of a banned member" infraction. Its is indeed too bad this forum hasn't taken off as I had hoped.
Frank, I wouldn't have gotten that "proxy poster" infraction nonsense if I hadn't used your name in the post. I thought about not using your name but then it would sound like advice coming from me and your name carries a lot more cache than mine in this arena.

Anyway, I was also hoping this forum would take off but that hasn't happened. I don't mind getting a permanent ban from the other place so I don't mind making a post over there inviting everyone to come over here but I don't know how long that post would stay up and how many people would see it. I've also heard that inviting folks by PM is a bad idea because the mods read the PM's over there. Not sure if that's true or not.

I halfway wish I had a technical issue I could post up here to get a discussion going but my car is pretty well sorted out. And I can fix most stuff myself because of what I've learned from you and all the others who are over here now.

Anyway, I think there's still hope. Other members over there will eventually look for a place to hang out that's not so controlling. It just takes time.

Take care,
Steve
RatDog is offline   Reply With Quote