Dogface
Barn Stall Owner #409
Bantayan Kids '13,'15,'17
Activity: 5.0%

Thanked 13,589 Times in 6,546 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2450928

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
If only you knew someone who works on Ducs for a living...

Personally, I love everything about the Diavel... except for the resale market.

Not even in the ballpark of a 37 ton Goldwing.

Listen in person. You may change your mind.

I hate to break it to you, but you'll see nothing but that big 240 tire from the word go. The Duc has 94lb-ft of torque vs a Valkyrie at about 96... and it weighs 200lbs less. Not to mention traction control, way stickier tire, etc.

These sound amazing, especially with a nice (Termi) exhaust... but there's nothing quite like the old twins.

I cannot think of a worse answer. And that's from an admitted Duc fanboy.

Short answer, the resale on the Diavel is pretty awful as it is a bike that clearly has divided opinions. Other than that. They're awesome and they certainly get attention everywhere they go. The days of nightmare Ducati maintenance are pretty well behind. They still have a significant amount, but nothing like the seemingly daily valve jobs of the older versions. They are also oddly comfortable to ride (at least in my opinion).
Hey speaking of the 240 rear tire. I have one on my fatboy. Fuggin tires wear out in less than 10k? I have Michelin Scorchers now. What tire is a good replacement, and is there like a tire rack type place for motorcycle tires to compare stats etc? Thanks
dwjz06 is offline   Reply With Quote