Old 08-16-2023, 8:02am   #40
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Activity: 78.8%

Thanked 33,977 Times in 11,946 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie Detroit View Post
Come on dude, quit being so obtuse and try to work with me a little bit here. I’m not worried about the good drivers who are following the laws and are generally not a problem. Please realize just because the cross traffic has the red light, doesn’t always make them *stopped* traffic.

What I am wary of is certain scenarios presented by cross traffic which could lead to disaster, such as:

~ A drunk or stoned driver who flat out blows through the red light.

~ A distracted driver, especially a younger kid busy fiddling around with their phone rather than paying attention.

~ A vehicle which has developed a mechanical issue, such as a truck which has lost its brakes.

~ A vehicle trying to escape the police in a pursuit situation.

~ A police car or other emergency vehicle responding to an emergency situation, just because they’re the *good* guys doesn’t mean they’re always a good driver.

~ Just any asshole driving like a maniac without regard to any one else around him.

Face it, some times shit happens and accidents occur. What I attempt to do is minimize my risks, and by not placing myself in a potentially dangerous situation is one of them. The chances of someone being involved in an accident while sitting in an intersection, no matter how unlikely, are still much greater than someone like me, who’s not sitting in the intersection to begin with.

Are you really that paranoid while driving, or just acting that way for this thread? If the former, you should sell your car and walk everywhere. If the latter, troll on.
Steve_R is offline   Reply With Quote