View Single Post
Old 08-06-2023, 6:14pm   #1
jw38
A Real Barner
Activity: 36.8%

Thanked 2,125 Times in 816 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500
Angry ****ing dindus stole my car!

My wife and I took our 2021 Audi SQ8 to Houston on Friday to watch our 11-year-old grandson play in the Texas All-Star baseball tournament and we stayed at a VERY nice hotel with underground parking in downtown Houston. This morning I called the hotel concierge to have the SQ8 brought up from the parking garage. While talking to the concierge, I noticed that he was a bit "off", but I chalked it up to it being 8AM. When we got to the lobby we were met by a Houston PD detective who told us that 11 - yes 11 - cars had been stolen from the garage that night. Our SQ8 was one of the 11 cars stolen. Apparently, a hotel employee (a ****ing dindu) had taken the keys from the valet parking office and had let his buddies (more ****ing dindus) into the garage so they could take the cars. The whole thing was caught on tape and the hotel employee (did I mention he's a ****ing dindu?) has been arrested. According to the detective, the piece of shit is refusing to provide any information on his accomplices (did I mention they're all ****ing dindus?)

One of the car has an Apple Airtag in it, and it's being tracked, but the Houston PD won't do anything until they get a warrant, but they won't even ask for a warrant until tomorrow. WTF!!!

Because there were so many cars stolen, the owners have been asked by the PD not to mention the name of the hotel. They also recommended getting legal counsel. One of the other cars stolen is a 2020 Bentley Continental GT and the owner is from San Antonio. He was on the phone with his attorney when we got to the lobby, so he handed his phone to me and now we have an attorney. Go figure! The hotel is corporate-owned and their "representatives" have already been in touch with the owners. We were all provided with no-cost rental cars from Sixt (I have a 2023 BMW X5) and they said we can keep them until our cars are recovered. If they're not recovered in 10 days, the corporation will work with our insurance companies for pay-outs.

To say that I'm pissed is an understatement! We were told yesterday that all of the all-star coaches are staying at a different hotel, and EVERY one of their cars were vandalized on Friday night. Windows smashed, tires slashed or stolen, equipment stolen, etc. Houston is a ****ing shithole!

Rest in Peace SQ8.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230403_142540.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	85837
jw38 is offline   Reply With Quote