SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 9.4%

Thanked 9,121 Times in 2,799 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeside49 View Post
Snik -
curious if you’ve ever recently pulled out your somewhat amazing lighted hobby model of the Enterprise - and, if you’ve seen w/ your thoughts about the recent ‘Picard’ series that reunited all 7 of the Next Gen cast for one final ‘adventure’? I admit that I kind of enjoyed it on some levels.

Sorry about your brother. It’s almost certain that his diagnosis was/is ‘Borderline Personality Disorder’. The people who are afflicted with it know that something is wrong, it terrifies them as well when the rage over the slightest issue overwhelms them without warning - and, BPD-specific medicine options are limited and probably very expensive. Many mental health counselor professionals will not take a client with BPD. So, they often self-medicate. Heart breaking for all.
That project got interrupted when I underwent seven surgeries from 2017-2022. Now to complete it I have to trace every circuit to figure out the last few connections and I just have not had time.

Plus there is a structural issue I need to solve where it mounts. There is a lot of sheering pressure there and I may have to design some external supports to keep it from eventually sagging and coming apart.

It’s very close to completion but it’s very complex electronically. Part of my hesitation is ruining it during the last assembly steps - flushing hundreds of hours of work down the toilet. Need to get over that.

I also fear giving it full power and having something wrong (hence tracing every circuit). Parts of the electronics are sealed up so if something fries, it can’t be fixed. For example I designed sequential flashing landing lights in the shuttle bay and it worked perfectly one day then the first two lights stopped working. Oh well.

Also had the glue fail on one of the nacelles. It’s hanging by some wires. I bit off a lot to chew on that one.

I’ll try to post some pics of its current state. I’m sure some people will come in to that thread with judgmental bullshit too.
SnikPlosskin is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post: