View Single Post
Old 04-19-2023, 11:56pm   #1
AUTOHOLIC
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 5.2%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500
Default Tell us about yourselves

In an effort to help more of us to get to know more about one another let’s share some background info. I always liked reading what others had in their public profiles if they went to the trouble of writing about themselves.

I will start.
Born in Galena Illinois as small picturesque town in the NW corner of the state. Moved to Savanna, Illinois and after graduating HS began selling new and used cars for a Dodge/AMC dealership from 1968-1974. Bought my first Corvette in 1969. A basket case that I brought back to life. Then had an automotive repair shop/ body shop as well as a bar. Moved to the Phoenix merto area in 1981 and sold real estate for a couple of years. Then managed a specialty vehicle and equipment company that built/sold things like mobile command units, mobile radio and tv units, prisoner transports, handicapped transportation vehicles etc. Then went back into the car business as the director of fleet sales for one of the worlds largest Nissan dealers. Then moved to Sedona, AZ. In 1998 and owned a motor scooter rental business as well as a couple of vacation cottages. Owned a carpet and tile cleaning business, sold some time share for a while before retiring in 2015. All during my time from graduating HS I always bought and sold muscle, sports, antique and special interest cars on the side. I have owned approximately 150 of these type cars including 21 different Corvettes from 1954-1986.
As you can see my life has revolve around cars. I have restored several but no longer work on them myself and now just enjoy them.

SO, LETS HERE YOUR STORY. It will give us insight as to how you got here today.

Later I will start a thread about how you came to own your current car(s) and have you post some pictures of your pride and joy. We have done this before on the Corvette forum but let’s do it here so we can better recognize the specific members here and you cars.

PS
I always try to include my signature to give you an idea of my loves.
1965 Rally red/black leather coupe with stealth 383 appears like a factory 365 h.p. engine
1966 Nassau blue/blue L72 convertible
1972 El Camino SS Silver/black
2011 Polaris RZR 900
AUTOHOLIC is offline   Reply With Quote