Old 09-10-2022, 7:02pm   #165
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 35.6%

Thanked 7,246 Times in 3,208 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
The doors shouldn't weight too much with everything removed? As mentioned, see if you can stick some tape to it...but, be careful with it...paint is VERY thin on the edges and super tacky tape might lift the paint
I agree that if the window, window actuator hardware, door lock mechanism, etc. are all removed, the doors are probably a lot lighter than the ones I mounted the few times I have done it. However, I would be loathe to put tape directly onto a finish painted body panel unless absolutely necessary. I would wrap the main part of the doors in towels or bubble wrap, and tape the wrapping. For the back edge of the front fender, I would see if I could get some pipe insulating foam small enough to protect the edge, and not get in the way of inserting the door hinges with the door in a partially open position.

This is all from my mind's eye, which is not the best. I'll give a good look at the mounting tomorrow when I look for those splash guards, and might reverse myself completely after that.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post: