Old 09-05-2022, 9:45am   #16
Frankie the Fink
A Real Barner
Activity: 54.8%

Thanked 4,007 Times in 1,816 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
I had a different experience. I went in at about 5 minutes to 8:00pm. That's early to me. As I walk in the door, the girl inside says, "Just so you know, we close in 5 minutes". I walked over to what I was looking for and the guy worker is shadowing. Fk that. I headed for the door. He unlocked it and asked "Did you find what you were looking for?" I said "How could I with only 5 minutes time?"
He said " Well, we have things to do".

I won't ever step foot in that store again. I hope they all close and as much as Amazon is a disease, it's like smoking...people know what it is and do it anyway. I'm guilty.
I worked in retail and sympathize with the employee(s).
Drug stores and grocery stores and elsewhere and you always get the customer that couldn't figure out they needed something during the 10 hours that you were at work and then want to meander around in an empty store a few minutes before closing with employees that are waiting anxiously to finish the NEXT leg of their workday once the doors are locked.

Stocking shelves running floor scrubbers, cleaning restroom, closing out their registers, unloaiding trucks out back, icing the produce displays, burning trash in the incinerator, etc..

That was back in the 70's - maybe its different now.

I'd let customers in sometimes but with the same warning, "we're closing, do you know exactly what you need?"
Frankie the Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankie the Fink For This Useful Post: