View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 1:13pm   #1147
C3_4_Me
Vette Barn Regular
Activity: 0.6%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus View Post
Cumdawg was an E-8, I believe. If that's true, I am glad he is retired beccause, based on his high and mighty attitude he's always had along with the power trip he went wild on when made a mod, that piece of shit has no business being in a leadership role for anyone, let alone America's sons and daughters. I knew douchebags like him when I was a 1LT in the Army and couldn't do shit about it.
Our unit's C9 Sgt Major was a raging alky and apparently also liked to partake of recreational pharmaceuticals. Prone to sullen moodiness and angry outbursts. He showed up staggering drunk at the barracks one night around 9P and ordered a "barracks party" - i.e. a scrubbing of the barracks, buffing the floor etc. ala Basic Training. It was clean already, looked exactly the same after as it did before. He ironically was ranting about how we were a bunch of un-military people - he was slurring his words, could barely walk, telling us we were un-military. Okee doke. He drove drunk to the barracks of course, drunk driving was a regular event with him.

He could be friendly, he'd hang out with people in their barracks room - partaking of beer, pot or whatever as it was related to me - I wasn't a drinker or a doper and didn't participate in those kinds of hangouts - then would suddenly get mad about something and order someone confined to quarters or punishment detail. It was a really screwed up dynamic. He had a family but I have no idea what his home life was like, how his family regarded him - maybe as far as they were concerned he was a prince of a guy though I don't think alcoholics are famous for having happy, well-adjusted families.

It always amazed me how many people indulged in drugs despite the clear prohibitions that the military had and made you aware of from before you took your initial oath. I've never been a consumer so it wasn't an issue for me.
C3_4_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to C3_4_Me For This Useful Post: