Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 92.8%

Thanked 34,019 Times in 13,788 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewfoot View Post
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...0as%20possible.

I routinely have a steroid shot in each shoulder every three months. Something to consider. That is the duration that seems to work for me. I never really hurt it, just getting fkn old.

You hadn't brough this up before that I recall, did you hurt yourself? Dosage doesn't sound right. I just read 2 tablets to start, then one every 8 hours.

You should take a couple before bed, then one in the morning and then on. PT is a good idea
It appears to be a result of Covid. Many years ago I had a shoulder issue and got a cortisone shot and it never came back. After I recovered from Covid, this showed up and it has been off and on ever since. I did get a shot again and a few days of steroid pills and it was fine for a while.

Now it came back. More on the left than right. I would put it in a position where it hurt and repeat that motion and by the 5th or 6th time, it would subside and loosen up. That stopped working. I'm afraid of tearing something so I have been limiting motion...which is exactly where frozen shoulder comes from. Reducing motion until you can't move.
Aerovette is online now   Reply With Quote